Friday, January 30, 2009

Zombie Designs

I've been dreaming up different types of zombies for a story I'm working on. My biggest pet peeve in zombie comics is generic bald skinny zombies with no noses (I'm looking at you, Charlie Adlard). Almost as bad though is the opposite, such a diversity of zombies that the characters are being pursued by zombie Cruella Deville, the Fat Biker twins and a circus clown (Ross Campbell, although I still love everything he does). The key is to show the same variety of shapes, sizes and clothes you would see on a normal day. That's the great thing about zombies: it's all the same people you've been sharing the city with for years, except now they want to eat you alive.




This blog isn't going to be just zombies, it's just starting out that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment